I’d love to buy you lunch, and it won’t cost you a nickel. Read on to find out how…
My goal this year is to meet with someone new approximately once a week, have an informal discussion/interview over a lunch paid for by me, and to blog about the event afterwards. Nothing overly formal, just a short insight into who you are, what you’re doing, and any thoughts you have on your industry or any other topic that may interest you.
There are a few ground rules which you must follow.
1. You must choose the location. I want you to introduce me to your favourite place to eat lunch. Ideally somewhere unique that reflects your tastes, but anything will do.
2. You much choose something off the menu for me. Again, introduce me to something you love, the signature dish or some delectable gem that nobody orders. I’ll try anything.
3. You may not bring a friend, spouse or colleague. It will distract from our discussion and my ability to get to know you better.
4. You may not at any time offer to pay for any portion of the meal. Doing so indicates your inability to grasp the notion of a free lunch and I will question your mental stability out loud.
5. You must be part of my LinkedIn network. If you aren’t, by all means, connect with me first on LinkedIn and book a lunch after I accept.
6. For the time being, I’m limiting this offer to locations within Southern Ontario. I do travel however so if you are outside of Southern Ontario and are interested in meeting for lunch, send me a PM over LinkedIn, and I’ll let you know when I’m in the area.
If this interests you, and I hope it does, please accept my invite for a free lunch by following this link.
I look forward to seeing you soon. Bon appétit!
Edward de Groot